Stay safe at the ATM
- Try to use the ATM during daylight hours.
- If you have to get cash at night, go with someone else and only use machines that are well-lit and visible from a major street.
- Look for suspicious people or activity.
- If you notice anything out of the ordinary, even if you have already started a transaction, cancel your transaction and leave.
- When entering your PIN (your secret personal identification number), shield the keypad.
- Always take any receipts and statements.
- Do not count or display money at the ATM.
- When you use a drive-up ATM, make sure your passenger windows are closed and all of your doors are locked.
- Do not give your PIN to anyone. A real police investigator or bank official will never ask for your PIN.